6.18.2009

a ring and a date

How could I forget to post these! I seriously almost did. I was looking through my flickr and thought, wait a minute, what are these doing here? Uhhh, hello!

Evan approached me a couple months ago about doing their wedding pictures. Still very wary at the time and not even sure how to sell myself as a wedding photographer, they decided to book me. The confidence i've received from others, believing that I could do this even when I wasn't sure myself, is huge. HUGE.

We got all the paperwork together and when I talked with them about engagement pictures, I realized that (for me) engagement pictures aren't even an option. I feel so strongly that I need to connect with the people that I'm working for in order to give them what they are hiring me for. I don't want to show up the day of the wedding only having talked over coffee about money and contracts... I want to know their real personalities and the reasons they fell in love with eachother.

So I convinced them that this was mandatory :D And about a week ago, we set out to capture them in their young love.

Evan and Taryn-1

Wouldn't you know, this was the first thing we came across on University Ave. I had seen some pictures on Kristina's website (she was also my friend Melissa's wedding photographer) that had been taken up on University and was set on the spot for Evan and Taryn.

Evan and Taryn-33

I'm sure we're not the only ones to have used this spot for photographic opportunities, and I was proven right when Susie left me a comment to tell me that her bridal shots were taken here too!

kiss kiss

Evan and Taryn-3

Evan and Taryn-19

We walked in the back way to the Eastman house and utilized the lovely gardens for awhile...

Evan and Taryn-27

and then there was this. I have nothing to say here... a LOL is not nearly adequate to describe the way I feel about this.

Evan and Taryn-29

together

ooo baby

It started to rain midway through, which I expected, so we got in the car hoping to drive long enough that it would stop raining. We were looking for a big open field, but when we drove by these train tracks and the station, it was love.

Evan and Taryn-51

Seriously, how hott are they.

Evan and Taryn-58

Evan and Taryn-66

I want to look this amazing in plaid when I have engagement pictures taken.

railroad tracks

I am soo excited about shooting your wedding in September! I cannot wait seriously. I am so glad that you chose me, I cannot thank you enough!


Photobucket

5 comments:

Savor Photography said...

You totally rocked this session! The one in front of the loading bay is my favorite. Look at that! Great job, Amanda!

I can.not.wait. to have my pics done by you!

G. said...

These are great, Amanda! I love the one looking down on them when he is kissing her cheek! Amazing.

A.P. Boynton said...

Simply amazing photography!

Krista said...

good stuph :) Love the shots with the "couch", thanks also for the link back to my site!

na na said...

I was just wondering how you upload such large photos to blog. I can't seem to figure that out with my blog :(

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008      ©Layout Designed ' by Indelible Creations 2009

Back to TOP