1.16.2009

Sarah Grace

In my short photography career, I have only had the opportunity to photograph 4 newborns. When I first started doing this, I was sure that I wanted to focus my efforts towards infants and babies... however, it's a lot harder than I thought!

This is baby Sarah Grace. She was only a few days old at the time these pictures were taken... and up until I arrived, she had never stayed awake long enough to eat enough to make her fall back asleep.



Apparently less than one week olds are smarter than we may think ;) She was awake most of the time we shot here, with her eyes opening and closing as she was fighting very hard to stay awake for her shoot. Her one little eye would stay just a hair open deeming her the nickname "popeye."



However, these turned out to be my favorite newborn shots to date. Mom has amazing taste and was totally jiving with any and all ideas I threw out there. This waffle weave duvet cover sustained more than its fair share of the consequences of leaving a naked baby on it!





I have literally been itching to get these little headbands on a baby as small as Sarah.





Here she is with her three older siblings. Momma wanted a picture with the baby and then the other kids hands all around her... I just love it :)



The last in the series... because she just could do no more... "Gosh, could I please just go to sleep now?!"

What a great family this is, and I so hope that I have the opportunity to photograph all of them together this summer. ohhhh that is something i cannot wait for! :)


Photobucket

2 comments:

Melissa said...

she's beautiful!! I love the new blog layout, and the header. They're awesome!!

Molly Betsy @ Star Cottage said...

Love this photo shoot ;) You did a fabulous job, and the baby is super cute!

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008      ©Layout Designed ' by Indelible Creations 2009

Back to TOP