1.20.2009

A grand adventure about to begin...

The journey to motherhood...

There is a true beauty that is within all women who are expecting...



I wanted more maternity images to add to my portfolio, which is how I met Tammy... the mom -to-be of the adorable little Raiden you will see in this post in just a second.

I do in fact attribute much of my decision to give photography a "go" as it were to the special lady who insisted I do my first maternity shoot, which can be seen here.



Before I did this pictures with Tammy, I had only done one other maternity session, and I just love them. These pictures are actually pretty old as I took them in the beginning of November just after I had bought my strobes. Plus, I was still using the Rebel at that time! So much has changed in just a couple short months!



I love learning my way through photography... and my very favorite part is that no one person or session is ever the same. I may do some of the same things with people as a way to get started, but honestly, I have found that once we get comfortable with each other, the session unfolds... and inevitably, I will get one or two images from each session that I just look at and go "wow, where in the world did that idea come from?"



I thought the little Santa hat was appropriate although this little guy was born at least a month before Christmas :)



I love baby feet... and hands... and noses... and hair... oh heck, I just love babies!





I find this picture hilarious because I think it looks like a baby on a gong lol! Is gong even a word? You know what I'm talking about?



Believe it or not, this baby was not happy to have his pictures taken... and he was awake and crying in this picture! Like i said in my post yesterday, the key to taking good newborn shots is patience... I am willing to hold out and wait if you are :) So let's just sit around while baby finishes up eating... and drifts off to sleep... once they're asleep, we're golden! That is the KEY!



I'd really like to get better at taking this shot... at least ones like it. I just love parent/baby pictures... there will be more to come as I keep doing this :)



Again with the feet. I saved this image for last because it is only rivaled by one other shot (in this category) that I have ever taken. I just love this one. All the details and the little lines...

Oh, and I wanted to mention this, to all the other photographers that may be reading this blog... the first pictures of mama were taken with the rebel and my tamron 17-50 f/2.8 lens, but the baby was shot with my new 5D and the canon 50 f/1.8. I love the clarity of the 50mm lens, but I can't wait to do a shoot with my newest addition the canon 28-70 f/2.8... I have the day off tomorrow, so I'm planning to go out and capture some of the beautiful snow and ice we have around here right now :)

I'm going to try and enjoy this weather... lol


Photobucket

2 comments:

Jamie said...

COME ON with the baby feet!!!!!! :) I think you should have a whole post dedicated to adorable baby parts. And why not post your favorite baby feet picture? You know they make everyone happy....

MICHELLE said...

Wow! I feel honored that I was such an encouragement to you in your business.

No doubt you are truly talented but even more you are so fun to work with and you help people capture the most precious memories of their lives.

Thanks for being a part of our lives.

Awesome photos!!!

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008      ©Layout Designed ' by Indelible Creations 2009

Back to TOP